Microencapsulation of active ingredients for food and nutraceutical use
IPS is an Italian company founded in 1976, specialising in microencapsulation. We apply this technology in developing innovative products and solutions in the food and nutraceutical fields, shaping our offering to suit the specific needs of each client, whilst providing a quality, attentive and swift service.
Research and Development
How to get the best out of your supplements?
Microencapsulation by coacervation is employed by a wide range of industries. FlowActives® microcapsules provide proven benefits in the formulation of food supplements and nutraceuticals:
- Controlled release of the active ingredient
- Transformation of raw material from liquid to solid
- Improvement of the active ingredient’s stability over time
- Greater flowability for better machinability of the product
- A reduction in oxidation of the active ingredient
- Resistance to high temperatures and to mixing
- Masking the flavour of the raw ingredients
- Possibility of mixing incompatible substances
Microencapsulation by coacervation
The technology behind microencapsulation by coacervation involves a process able to protect both liquid and solid substances within a very thin membrane.
Coacervation microencapsulation process:
Dissolution of gelatine in water
Dispersion in water of the raw material to be microencapsulated
Microcapsule sizing and coacervation
B. Raw Material